Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Failure of the Day: And I say again: I am not afraid to die

You’ll all be happy to know that for the last 2 days I have had an itchy rash over about 80% of my body. I spent most of yesterday pretty well convinced that I was faking it for attention, which is what my mother said every time I got sick as as child (I still sometimes believe I faked my MS). When I don’t think I’m faking it, I assume I am having some sort of allergic reaction to a new vitamin I am taking or some other thing, but I haven’t really introduced much that is new in the last couple days.

I also am a little flu-y—swollen glands and a stiff neck. I was gratified to learn during my internet research tonight that a rash and a stiff neck are symptoms of West Nile Virus, Lyme Disease, and Bacterial Meningitis. I myself am leaning toward Lyme Disease because when I first got MS, that’s what all the secretaries in the office where I was temping thought I had, and that would hit the precise level of Irony that I have grown accustomed to in my life.

I imagine I’ll be calling the doctor tomorrow though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home