Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Monday, February 23, 2004

Failure of the Day: The L.D.V.

Quite a flaky weekend for the likes of us. We made it to Patrick’s birthday party on Saturday but left early and never even got out of bed on Sunday until almost 3 PM, so I remain 0/100 in attendance at the Alternative Press Expo. As my ole buddy the I Ching likes to say, No Blame. Such a lovely phrase. And so rarely true! In fact, the blame is squarely ours; we slipped into the cozyness vortex of the bed and found no compelling reason to leave for 15 solid hours.

Are you curious yet what L.D.V. stands for? I’ll give you a hint: in came in the mail on Saturday and made Chris very, very happy.

It was a lovely weekend and an extended one for Chris, who spent his day off like he spends them all: cleaning the apartment. Yesterday, when we finally got out of the house, we went to Fort Point, which has been sitting there, one mile away, for as long as I have lived in this neighborhood, and that’s give or take since 1988, but it never occurred to me to go look at it. Truth be told, I didn’t have the slightest idea even what it is; as far as I know a fort is something you build out of old refrigerator boxes when you are a kid. Turns out it’s a pretty cool old building, and made of bricks, not cardboard.

The house is impeccable now so for the rest of the afternoon, there he’ll be, sprawled out on the living room floor, putting it together. God help me: Lego Darth Vader. 400 pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home