Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Failure of the Day: Chapel Perilous, again


You’d think I’d learn: There are no doors out of the chapel. Even if you find the one marked Exit, you can bet it doesn’t lead anywhere you want to go.

Now, it turns out that I am a reasonably strong person, so although all I really want to do is dig a hole big enough for me and Chris, climb in, and never be heard from again, what I am actually going to do is keep editing this chapter. And I’m going to keep fielding phone calls from people who sound exactly like me because it is the courteous thing to do, and I’m going to keep going to the gym because there is nothing else to be done.

Fuck you, chapel perilous. I’m settling in. I’ll paint the place green and some curtain would look nice right there. I did it once and I’ll do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home