Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, March 27, 2003

Failure of the Day: Bedmaking

And I'm sorry, I am. Chris likes to say "The only thing that is making this long separation bearable for me is knowing that you are making the bed EVERY DAY." He made the bed on sunday before he left and I told him that I have been sleeping on the couch to ensure that his tidy bed remains pristine. Today I told him that I've been living in his car so as not to mess up the apartment while he was gone.

The truth is, I slept in the bed on sunday night and have not made it since. Chris knows that the first time I will make the bed this week will be about 10 PM on friday night (he is due home about 15 minutes later). He is sadly mistaken about this though; my plan, in fact, is to get into the bed at 10 PM on friday night. That way, I won't have to make it at all.
******************************************************
My favorite application of of a new but already out-of-date cliche: The next time you curse in public, you now should say, "Pardon my freedom."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home