Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, July 31, 2003

Failure of the Day: Time, Brain, Lungs

Trying to make up some of the hours I missed from vacation. OTSI finally came through with a nice, big, time-consuming project and I'm trying to get as many hours packed into this pay period as possible. My efforts were complicated yesterday by my weekly writing group, which I met with for the first time. A terrific group from first impressions, and their feedback on chapter 15 was invaluable.

Between my weekly and my monthly writing groups, I can look forward to getting 5 chapters a month workshopped. Which of course gives rise to a question…should I wait the five months before sending my ms to folks I plan to send it to or just get the chapters that I think need the most help spruced up and send it sooner? Beats me. Either way, I feel a great yawning chasm of work gaping before me…

I am also battling a low-grade cold that has been taking baby steps forward for about the last 3 weeks. I'm torn between taking a day off from smoking now and possibly nipping the thing in the bud and smoking my lungs out in the hopes that I can coax it into a full-blown version of whatever it is and then get it over with by taking a day off from smoking. The thing is, I'm not sure taking a smoking break now will stop the thing in its tracks and I'm trying to avoid more than one day without cigarettes. It's very complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home