Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Monday, January 05, 2004

Failure of the Day: Naomi Watt’s Goddamn Nipples

21 Grams was AWFUL. The first half was an inexplicable jumble of scene after scene with no context in which you are forced to be a tourist through the various types of human pain and suffering. The second half began to make some sense of itself, so that part was merely a failed attempt at non-linear narrative.

I don’t think anyone will argue with me when I say that I am hardly wimpy about grim and depressing and painful movies or art of any sort. If it’s about terminal illness, all the better. But Jesus, watching people suffer with no context or coherent storyline is not innovative filmmaking, it’s strolling down the hallway at General and eyeballing strangers in their beds.

And seriously, Naomi Watt’s nipples are size of my fists. And I’m tired of looking at them already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home