Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Friday, February 27, 2004

Failure of the Day: It’s another potpourri day!

This makes me sad I do not live in New York, and there’s really not very much that can do that.

I am a shark. Chocolate is blood. I can go weeks and weeks without any but then the damn See’s Jewballs were sitting right there since chanukkah and pretty soon I’ve had candy of some sort every day for like the past 6 weeks or something equally horrifying, and I’m probably sounding all compulsive but really it’s just that everything is so much better when something that good is in my mouth, and really haven’t I made my point already that I can go a really long time without a cigarette?

I haven’t read a novel in over a month. It’s close to a personal record. It’s a stress thing I think; I just am not interested in books at the moment. It’s weird and it makes my head feel all empty so maybe I’ll find something that looks good to me soon.

I recently made the switch from the exercise bike to the treadmill. This is quite a big deal. I walk all superfast for 30 minutes each day, but today I walked for 28 minutes and ran for the last 2. Today, I ran for 2 minutes. That’s the first time I’ve been able to actually run in 13 years. And I’m having an MS attack right now, while I was running, so really, fuck you and fuck everyone; I rule, am invincible, etc.

Advanced warning: Chris has to go to Florida the week of March 15, Monday – Friday. I will need company. I will need a LOT of company. If you visit me, I will make you some nice cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home