Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Failure of the Day: Seriously, How Do You People Do It?

This 9 to 5 business is time consuming! And I haven’t even started trying to fit in my hour at the gym and hour of writing every day. Am I hopelessly over-optimistic? (Yeah…that’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of me.) I can’t even call my podiatrist to pick up my orthopedic shoe inserts (don’t ask…lets just say you’ve been warned about jogging in Converse low tops instead of actual running shoes) because his office closes at 5 PM and I’ve yet to be outfitted with a phone at work.

I don’t think I’ve answered a personal email in 9 days either. (Eli, this apology is for you—maybe now you’ll write a novel about crappy neuro-whatevers. It’ll be cool…we’ll have joint book tours.)

I imagine this will all settle into some sort of routine eventually, but for now I feel positively heroic that I’ve managed to find time to shower every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home