Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Failure of the Day: Job

Well, it's that time of the week again when I become certain that I'm about to be laid off. I read the blog of a co-worker I hate because I am perverse and masochistic. Anyway, she works at my company and so does her husband, and her husband got laid off yesterday.

The Horror of Joan (HOJ), one of the owners of my company, sent me an email last week that said they could only offer me employment as long as they had projects with Microsoft, which makes sense because that is their source of income. But she didn't tell me whether there are any projects pending. And now push has come to shove and I'm about to finish the last bit of work I have. So I sent an email asking a very simple question, really: Do I still have a job on Monday?

Of course, HOJ married a Microsoft kajillionaire and is on vacation this week without a care in the world, and as a result, no one can answer that very simple question until HOJ is finished getting a tan. Doesn't that sound like the perfect recipe for a stress free weekend? Seriously…anybody out there need an editor/proof reader/project manager?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home