Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Monday, August 11, 2003

Failure of the Day: Grab Bag

Martin Sheen's Inside The Actor's Studio episode last night was downright inspiring. I love him. He is my boyfriend.

At the same time, I am very sad that I won't ever get to be on Inside The Actor's Studio myself. That seems so unfair. I have super good answers to the whole Bernard Pivot quiz and everything! Favorite word: plinth. And who among you can say that that isn't in fact the best word? No one. That's who.

The oven in our apartment doesn't work. It took us seven months to realize this.

I'm broke! But just in the nick of time, I got signed up for a super cool focus group tomorrow for people with MS. 45 minutes, $100! I'm so luckeeee!

Very low-key weekend. We never strayed more than 10 blocks from home, and that was just to the 7-11 on 10th and Clement for cigarettes and beer.

If only Chris were a slob or even a little less tidy and well put together! We could totally have the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy fellas come over and buy us a new couch! Damnit!

Which makes me think about what the show "Queer Pal for the Straight Gal" would be like. I'm fairly certain it would mostly be a married lady getting all defensive. Of course, "Straight Pal for the Queer Gal" would fare much worse. Either way, I think both shows would wind up as an hour watching a bunch of women process their different values.

The Chuck Palahniuk book about Portland was Ok. I think his next novel is due out this month sometime, and I'm excited about that. There is a new Martin Amis book due out shortly as well and I'm excited about that one too, despite the incredible trashing it's taking in the British press right now. The new Douglas Coupland is OK so far, but it got horrendous reviews too. I'm a sucker for dead narrators though. I also picked up A Memoir of Misfortune by Su Xiaokang, but I don't know if I like it yet. I do know that it is NOT a good book to read while on the stairmaster. I think I'm going to read The Dead Zone this month, too. I've never read it but I liked the movie a lot. Poor, poor Christopher Walken! And lookee! We're right back to Martin Sheen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home