Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, August 14, 2003

Failure of the Day: Only One Way to Go

And after yesterday, that way is up. Chris came home from work yesterday to find me lying on the floor, wrapped around my giant shark-shaped pillow named Toby. This was the cheerful part of my day as I was watching "The Tall Guy" on Bravo. I love that movie.

I told him all my woes and he bought me some spaghetti. And although none of my problems could be solved by eating spaghetti, I felt much, much better. He also pointed out that the writing group might not see just what I am getting at with my novel, so I might not have to abandon the idea entirely by including non-medical events. I'm still debating that. We'll see.

Today, I got signed up for another 45 minute focus group for $75. I'm also critiquing the writing for the monthly writing group, and one of the novels is an incredibly overwrought lesbian romance novel that is so narcissistic and pretentious, I can't help but be cheered up and optimistic about my own writing.

And my software should come today at last, so I think I can finally get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home