Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Monday, January 19, 2004

Failure of the Day: Misc, Weird

CNN just used Television’s “Prove It” as background music.

Peyton Manning is my personal enemy.

I am kind of susceptible to TV; maybe more than usual. I spent much of this weekend thinking that maybe we should move to Iowa. I would register as an independent and get positively drunk on political power every 4 years. And I could totally talk Chris into it on account of Captain Kirk being born there.

I watched the movie Amélie for the first time on Friday and it totally changed the kind of shoes I’ve been in the mood to wear.

Does anyone know of a way to make tea frothy? I don’t like coffee but the froth of those fancy drinks really appeals to me.

My ongoing attempt to start drinking fails again: the bottle of liquor-in mudslide I bought tastes exactly like the ear infection medicine I had when I was 6.

A Tale of Two Johns Redux: I still think John Edwards is only angling for the VP slot despite the surprising finish. But I tell you what: Iowa’s looking better and better to me—a place that would give a guy the 2nd place ribbon for not a lot more than just unfailing courtesy is my kinda state.

I had a dream last night that I got all my hair cut off and it wound up looking like the black guy on CSI. It was NOT a good look for me. But like the recurring dream I have about all my teeth falling out, I know it is just a symbol representing my rapidly receding attractiveness. But as ever, my attractiveness is based largely if not solely in my hair. So dig it: My hair, in the dream, was a metaphor for my hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home