Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Monday, March 15, 2004

Failure of the Day: March Sadness: While You Were Gone

Chris’s plane landed in Orlando not long ago and I thought to help him keep tabs on the ole homestead, I would keep a more detailed journal of the days and nights here in the 415.

Nothing much happened until around noon, when the phone rang and this fairly rude man started hollering something or other at me. I think he wanted to make a movie about Chris’s car.

Now I am a busy, busy woman and I don’t have time for these kinds of shenanigans. “What is your interest in the Jetta?” I asked.

“Jedi! Jedi!” he shouted.

“Harelip! Harelip!” I shot back

It turns out this man, George something or other, had heard that Chris was biggest Star Wars fan in all the land, and he wanted to cast Chris in Episode 3 as an honorary Jedi Knight. Well, obviously the poor man had the wrong number! And anyway, I know my husband pretty darn well and I know he’d have NO interest in something as frivolous as that! I gave a polite but firm “No thank you!” and hung up.

Other than that, it was a perfectly ordinary day. I wonder what’ll happen tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home