Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Monday, May 10, 2004

Failure of the Day: Hey kids! It's another grab bag!

In the latest example of things Chris wants to do and that I pooh-pooh for being touristy but that inevitably turn out to be totally cool things to do, we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge yesterday. It was very windy but my hair survived the trip. Walking to Marin and back took only one hour. Who knew?

I've officially re-started the program I am cheerfully calling operation Eat All The Time. After a week of 1300 calories a day spread out over 6 meals, my cravings are running mostly toward hot dogs. I had a fierce spate of chocolate ideation over the weekend, but managed to nip it in the bud with 90 calorie fudgesicles. But how much do I crave hot dogs? Even this didn't dissuade me.

As is plainly visible, my experiment with comments is a smashing success. Much more convenient than email and without any of that annoying privacy!

After a full and happy year, our fish, Bevmo, passed into that great round bowl in the sky. We grieved and then we went back to the store and bought a new Beta fish named Ohsee. He's beeeee-autiful; red and violet.

The focus groups continue to rule; today I made $100 by having the rare and valuable opinion that pills are better than shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home