Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Failure of the Day: Gentlemen, Testify

I'm watching Condi and her "I'm annoyed but not showing it" face and I'm riveted. I got up early to watch this because I swear to god in the back of my mind I have the idea that she will crack under the scrutiny and start sobbing (Headline: "Compassionate" Conservatives Confess Complicity). I always expect that and of course it never happens and I'm actually disappointed.

Come to think of it though, if I get to choose which creep to watch break down into hysterics, I would prefer Ashcroft or Rummy. Ooh, or Cheney. I would personally enjoy that more and I expect any of those guys would put on a great self-flagellation show.

And is anybody else starting to wonder if the wrong Kerr(e)y is running? Don't get me wrong; I'm cool with John, but Bob is kicking ass in these hearings. Dude rules. Al Franken suggested it last week and I'm inclined to agree: Kerry/Kerrey in '04. It's a terrible idea from a marketing point of view I know; if we can't expect Americans to know that giant cheeseburgers make you fat, we can't expect them to differentiate between fellas on a homophonic ticket. But damn, that guy makes my little democratic heart just swell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home