Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Failure of the Day: Fools

I almost never do readings anymore—I’m not writing poems until my novel is finished and the social reading scene in SF (at least any one that interests me) is all dried up now. Yet, the first April 1st I was back in town (2003), I did a reading for Tarin’s Chick Night thing. That was a cool series for a while, and then the place got shut down and I was invited to read at the closing party, which was on April 1st 2004.

Now then, our pals at Manic D Press are putting out a book of the collected poems of Eli Coppola, an enterprise as worthwhile as it is financially dubious, so they are having a benefit for the book. They asked for readers and I volunteered. The date of the reading? April 1st 2005.

So here you go:

This Friday night, April 1, 7:30 PM
Poetry & Pizza, 333 Bush near Kearny
The floor show includes:

David West
Anneke Swinehart
Jon Longhi
Me

It is my understanding that the joint features all you can eat pizza for 5 bucks, and I don’t know if there is an additional door charge; but probably, seeing how it’s a benefit and all. But come out. I’d love to see you and it just couldn’t be a better cause. And did I mention a butt load of pizza?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home