Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Failure of the Day: Tut Tut, Chin Up, and All That

I am desperate to move to New Hampshire now. I once dated a guy from New Hampshire and I would infuriate him by continually referring to it as “one of those dot states in the corner.” I had an ongoing bet with him that no matter who we stopped on the street and asked, no one would be able to name the capitol of New Hampshire. We stopped scores of people during the time we knew each other and never found a single soul who could name any city in New Hampshire, let alone the capitol.

But now I am full of rue! I love New Hampshire! I want to move there and have a baby right away so that someone in my family would actually be from New Hampshire. And sure, all the politicos would come over every day during election years and make my breakfast but that’s not why, that’s not why! OK, maybe it IS why but really is that so wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home