Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Failure of the Day: Ugly Bag of Mostly Water

Have you seen John Stewart's impression of Larry King? It consists largely of JS as LK interrupting interviewees by shouting "I like Toast!"

And so when I wrote Chris an email yesterday saying that my voice was incredibly gravely and gruff, I was craving nicotine like crazy, and that I would have eggs and toast for lunch, Chris realized that I did not, in fact have the flu, but that I was turning into Larry King. "The Larry Kingification Process has Begun!" we shout.

Fortunately though, I remain fairly convinced that I do have the flu (as opposed to SARS) mostly because I read someplace that SARS is characterized by a loss of appetite, and I have been ravenous every minute of the day. I am also whiny and demanding (and menstruating, thanks for asking), and may I just inform you that in response to my cavalcade of bodily function unpleasantness, Chris hopped out of bed this morning and ran to the store to get me cough syrup, cookies (because one cannot take cough syrup without having a cookie immediately following), soup, and donuts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I won the husband lotto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home