Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Thursday, June 05, 2003

Failure of the Day: My Relationship with my Neighbors, I'm afraid

My beloved man just came home with the new Metallica CD, St. Anger, and I'm pretty damn happy with it. I am playing it loudly at dinnertime with the windows open. Sorry folks.

I've been in just the right mood for this after the satanic landlord debacle and the I-Still-Work-Here-But-I'm-Not Getting-Paid-Because-Everyone-Else-Is-Too-Busy-To-Give-Me-Something-To-Do work problems. And the job hunt lends itself to rage in the best of circumstances. So James and Lars are doing their part to egg me on, and I appreciate it.

I tell you what, too, the CD sounds great even if when I read the title my reaction is "hmmmm...somebody's been reading Nick Cave lyrics." And speaking of lyrics, it's very important that I study this latest Book of Hetfeild tonight...it is a little known fact that Metallica is my own personal oracle. They tell my future. I'm not kidding. And it's looking like my future is really, really pissed off. But I suppose I would be pissed off if I were my future, so it kind of makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home