Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Failure of the Day: Time

Well, this never happens. After a week of being almost totally bereft of work to do (and fretting about it mightily) this week I am swamped. Swamped! And it's OK because it means that I can make up the hours I missed last week, but it sucks too, because now I have to make up the hours I missed last week. So I haven't had time to do much of anything: blog updates, novel re-writes, renegotiating my soul timeshare with Satan.

I still make time for the Y every day though; it's almost like a little treat to get out of the house and think about something other than the macro conversion to XML tags I need to add to the Microsoft Enterprise Learning Library documents.

Huh? Whose life is this, anyway? Doesn't sound at all like mine. Sweating my ass for 14 miles a day on an exercise bike is treat? Too busy to write about myself? What kind of crazy bizarro world is this? I haven't even had any proper candy for weeks, although I had a giant bowl of Trix for dinner last night.

This is definitely weird. I say that because it's true and because I'm testing to see if I'm really me by quoting from Buckaroo Bansai, which I still seem to be able to do. A littleā€¦I can dance. Whew. That part of my personality still seems to be in place. But jeez louise, what's next? If I start eating vegetables or something, I hope somebody will stage an intervention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home