Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Failure of the Day: Morrissey Rainbow

Today I am less captive to the howling cravings and more interested in finding exactly the right words to describe my misery. I did a pretty good job in an e-mail I sent this morning:

I am many, many shades of glum and no fun; I am a Morrissey rainbow. I am the burning bag of dogshit on your front porch. Please, please stomp me out.

Chris is of course a trooper, remaining supportive as he does even after a long day of work when he has to come home to wife who bursts into tears after every meal. I expect that will pass…in about 2005. Until then, it looks like the world will remain a meaningless and empty husk of its former self. And don't forget to tip your waitresses.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home