Hello, Failure

Of all the enemies of literature, success is the most insidious

Friday, October 10, 2003

Failure of the Day: Birth

Well, yeah. Hoo boy. That election knocked the wind (and the blog entries) right out of me. I have been pouting for a couple of days but I have to stop or I'll ruin my birthday for Chris, who loves my birthday far more than I ever did, even when I was a wee tot, I think.

Speaking of which, I was, just after typing the above paragraph and just before typing this one, brought out to the hall where I was shown the TWELVE birthday presents he got me but that I can't open until tomorrow. And there's still the three from his mom. Have I mentioned how cool his mom is? I told her that I would be sucking on a lot of red vines when I quit smoking day after tomorrow, so she just sent me four pounds of them in a big bucket.

I still don't know what we'll be doing tomorrow or where we'll have dinner but I imagine I'll think of something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home